Sunday, June 1, 2008

catch-up

Wow, thank you for the kind compliments on my Morning Glory. My new wrap and I are both blushing! Of course, no sooner did I finish it, than the weather warmed up...I guess I'll have to wait until next fall to use it.

I really should make an effort to post more frequently - I have so many things I want to share. However, overtime has again reared its ugly head (non-mandatory - but if we don't work it now, it'll be two weeks of 12 hour days to finish the project in the end - working a little extra now to avoid that is worth it), not to mention there just seem to be so many things I want to be doing. Of course, overtime means more money, which means I feel completely less guilty about all the money I spent on stash enhancement last weekend!

My mom and I went to our first ever Great Lakes Fiber Show (of course, I can no longer find the website...) last Saturday (May 24) and had way too much fun. We were so busy looking at all the pretty yarns and knits, that I didn't get any pictures there (not even the cute alpaca or bunnies!), but I did manage to find my billfold a few times...opps...

From Briar Rose:
Legend, a sportweight merino, 1300 yards
DSCN2978

Sea Pearl, a fingering weight merino/tencel blend, 1000 yards
DSCN2970

From Knitting Notions:
A hand turned shawl pin
DSCN3002

Classic Merino Supersock, Dusk, 3 skeins (1260 yards)
DSCN2959

Classic Merino Supersock, Ruby, 1 skein (420 yards)
DSCN2956

Afterward, we stopped at the Secrest Arboretum, part of the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University. It's free and open to the general public, and a lovely place to stop and visit. There are plenty of trees, of course, but we stopped for the flowers.



As far as my actual knitting goes, I finished the front of my sweater last week and have started on the sleeves. I'm working both at the same time, so I make sure I increase and decrease at the same rate. I also felt like the added challenge of two balls of yarn to tangle, of course...

Pear and Trellis is also coming along nicely:

DSCN3003

I've managed to finish four repeats. Once I finish the sweater, I'll spend more time on this, but it's mostly hit-or-miss at the moment. I plan to work pretty exclusively on lace this summer (aforementioned sweater aside). To that end, I decided I might as well sign up for the Seasons of Lace knit-along. Usually, I'm absolutely terrible at KALs, but I knit so much lace anyways, I thought I might as well. As it doesn't start officially until June 21, I suppose this scarf counts as my "warm-up" project. I'm hoping to (finally) get going on Bee Fields, and work on the Alpine Knit Scarf (Ravelry link) from Victorian Lace Today for the summer. Given the overtime situation at work, I think that will be plenty of challenge!

2 comments:

anne said...

wow, you bought some seriously nice yarn! and i love your pear and trellis, mm.

we should get together soon . . any light at the end of the tunnel? you are welcome to come any night or weekend for knitting!

riggwelter said...

what wonderful yarns! and lovely flowers too.