Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Snow

So.....I dropped off the blog for a while there. I'd blame it on overtime and that really big really pink shawl that didn't allow for much other knitting, and well really there's only so much you can say about a giant pink shawl, but the truth is - I've just plain been lazy. Pure and simple. Really must try to work on that!

In the meantime - spring has happened! (Warning! Photo heavy post!)

DSCN2249
Crocus

DSCN2300
Bloodroot

DSCN2313
Bloodroot - open

DSCN2298
Tete-a-tete Daffodils

DSCN2372
Myrtle

But more importantly, the giant pink snow shawl is complete! (Enormous, really - the largest lace project I've undertaken--of course if I hadn't gone UP half a needle size after getting gauge, things would have been a bit better...but I like it this size...I think.)

Of course, if you read Anne's website, you know this already. I finished Sunday night, we blocked Monday, and yesterday she got her pictures and released the pattern. It took me an extra day to get sunny pictures (darn work!) but I now present my test knit of Anne's Whispering Pines shawl:

DSCN2325

DSCN2328

DSCN2337

DSCN2336

DSCN2338

DSCN2360

DSCN2362

Details at Ravelry. And many more pictures over at Anne's.

3 comments:

riggwelter said...

Oh that shawl is stunning! I love the edging.
What beautiful flowers too. Nice to see you back.

Laura said...

I *love* all your spring flowers. Especially the crocus. And the daffodils. Bright yellow daffodils are glorious.

Speaking of glorious, your shawl is exquisite. Congrats on the finish!

EGunn said...

Pretty, pretty! I really like the shawl in red. =)