Sunday, April 27, 2008

spring beauties

DSCN2378
Spring Beauty

Spring is still here! Which, to the best of my memory, is rather unusual for northeast Ohio. More typically, we go straight from winter to summer, with maybe a few pleasant spring-like days interspersed. However, it's been pleasant, mostly sunny, daytime temperatures in the 60's and lower 70's (Fahrenheit). It is supposed to turn a bit...unpleasant...this week, however, so maybe I'll have the opportunity to actually wrap up in my new shawl, for which I owe thanks for the compliments!

The problem with finishing up such a major project, and in such a heavy push at the end, is that I found myself a bit tired of knitting! I know, impossible. I've actually kept on knitting, but not as much as I had been. I think there may have even been a day or two when I actually didn't touch the needles. I can't say the same thing for yarn, however. It's been fondled and wound (and unwound and knotted...I think I may have a slight tangling issue) and admired. So I think I'm safe.

I'm actually really close to finishing a long languishing, UFO. But of course, I don't have any pictures. I've been too busy taking pictures of our seasonal visitors - both in the backyard, and last Sunday on an outing to the woods (on a real trail!).

DSCN2400
Trillium

DSCN2433
Red Trillium

DSCN2439
Dutchman's Breeches

DSCN2459
Trout Lily

And a backyard beauty:

DSCN2596
Bleeding Heart

Hopefully, I'll have a finished project by my next post...and hopefully I'll even have knitting pictures!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Spring in NE Ohio - enjoy all 5 minutes of it! I'm hoping my yarn for my Whispering Pines comes today. I've got your page bookmarked so I can go back and look at it to keep me inspired and on track!

kathryn said...

it's always a bit difficult deciding what to knit next after a major project like your shawl...

Lovely spring flower pictures!

riggwelter said...

Oh those flowers are wonderful, I love the "Dutchman's Breeches!"